According to Companies Ordinance (Cap. 622) of the Laws of Hong Kong, each company is required to appoint a company secretary that is either a natural person of at least 18 years of age and ordinarily resides in Hong Kong; or, a body corporate, having its registered office or a place of business in Hong Kong. Notably, the sole director cannot act as company secretary. Since a company secretary has to perform important duties and responsibilities to ensure that the company complies with the requirements of the Companies Ordinance, it is essential to appoint a professional service provider who is familiar with the compliance framework and prompt in fulfilling the same.
At Hong Kong Company Registration (HKCR) we provide cost-competitive, timely and take great care in discharging our duties and responsibilities as company secretarial services provider. We provide qualified, well-trained, competent and experienced professionals to assist in your obligations for fuss-free compliance as a Hong Kong-registered company. We service organisations of all sizes – a fledgeling startup, a scaling SME or a mature regional or multi-national entity – you can trust us with your non-core compliance obligations and focus on the business growth. Our expert professionals service companies that operate across diverse sectors hence stay updated on sector-specific needs and capable of drawing synergies from our network of experts in the event you need consultation on non-routine matters.
Our expert professionals have comprehensive knowledge and experience regarding Companies Ordinance, Inland Revenue Ordinance, the Business Registration Ordinance, the Stamp Duty Ordinance, the respective Articles of Association of corporations, the Companies (Winding up and miscellaneous provisions) ordinance, the Companies (Forms) Regulations and other relevant laws, regulations and rules.
We provide the following compliance services to our clients:
- Maintenance of statutory records (directors, members, secretaries, and issuance and transfer)
- Organising meetings of directors and shareholders alongside the preparation of minutes and maintenance of minute book.
- Preparation and filing of required statutory documents, including annual returns and director’s report.
- Updating changes to registered company details.
- Handling issue, allotment and transfer of shares.
- Rule reminders, reviewing developments and changes in corporate governance framework and updating and assisting directors in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities.
- Keeping the company seal in safe custody and ensuring its proper use.
- Advising and handling deregistration and liquidation of company.
- Other non-routine services and consultation on corporate compliance matters.
Thousands of companies use our company secretarial services
We are experts when it comes to Hong Kong company laws and regulations.